Friday, June 24, 2011

The Flipped Classroom

I started my kids, ages 7 and 9, using Khan Academy to help boost their math skills over the summer. In doing this, I've been thinking a lot about "The Flipped Classroom" model and how successful this really could be. If you don't know about the flipped classroom, check out the article at this link:

http://www.thedailyriff.com/articles/how-the-flipped-classroom-is-radically-transforming-learning-536.php

I think it could really give teachers and students the time that they need to work through difficult struggles. Parents are often faced with trying to help their children learn skills and concepts that they, themselves, can't grasp. In the Flipped Classroom, teachers are available to help students apply the concepts that they learned the night before for homework. I think it's brilliant...thoughts?

1 comment: